Saturday, April 12, 2014

drawing challenge











































This weeks host for the DC is Tammie and her theme is "hat/cap". I thought about it and I wanted to show you one of my paintings where I used bunny-ears as a cap or something with the hair of Pippi Longstocking as in my drawings. You can all these things see as a cap or hat, but at the same time I found it a bit boring. So I thought I take this as a chance to show you a sneak-peek of the way I draw or sketch. It is a drawing with pencil I never finished and I never turned it into a painting, but who knows…
So this is a sketch of two sexy pigs dancing with nice hats. Can you hear the music? I can almost see how they are taking their hats of ;-) The second picture is a computer drawing of the same image where I wanted to try something with color and then didn't like it i think. The different ways I work this is…
















































If you still want to see bunny ears or pippi-hair, click on the links "drawing" or "painting" under labels on the right.
For more hats/caps go to the blog of Tammie where beauty flows!

9 comments:

  1. oh gawd, who knew pigs dancing in hats could be so sexy! loving it! i am also joining in this week now i have got to grips with how the drawing challenge works xx have a gorgeous weekend xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jemig, ze zijn hot!! Die drawing challenge ga ik nog uitzoeken, lijkt me wel wat. Fijn weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. intriguing combination, I don't think I have ever thought about pigs dancing quite like that.

    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i so enjoy seeing sketches, work unfolding, thank you for sharing that.
    i love what Lissa said, i have never though of pigs dancing sexy either, makes if fun for sure.

    thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I should be offended...but I'm smiling instead, I wonder what that means :)
    This is a lot of fun Celine- and your drawing process is wonderful to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most interesting process, Celine. Enjoy the week ahead!
    -sus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Celine. Well, I'll tell you I'm an old guy, you know, and I like most (always) a drawing done by hand, and not a drawing done with the computer, (even with the stylus)
    although, I'm not so closed mind as to not realize that the virtual drawing is a modern way of expression. But ... I feel it cold...
    I like to see, some human "imperfection" in a drawing or a painting (for example, the red color in the bodice of your top drawing, stained color)
    Anyway both seems very good as you make a good painting! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes me think of Orwell's Animal Farm.
    A sexier version :)
    It's really fun but there's also something dark about it, I like it a lot, Celine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment!